- 1 pound Jimmy Dean hot sausage (raw)
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 8 oz. pkg grated cheddar or colby-jack cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients, and form into balls. (about 4 dozen small balls). If you have trouble getting them to stick together, add a tiny bit of water, especially after most of the mixture has been formed into balls.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. (if balls are larger, they may take longer.)
Notes from first time making it:
- I used a couple of small handfuls of water to get everything to stick together. It's a lot like meatballs, basically--not that I'd ever made meatballs before. Also, I couldn't find the hot sausage so I used regular and doctored with some black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne. Ratri suggested red pepper flakes but I was out.