- 1 pkg Beef-flavored Rice-a-Roni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- olive oil or butter
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Lightly saute chopped onion in olive oil or butter.
- Pour Rice-a-Roni rice (not the seasoning) into a bowl. Add the beef, beaten egg, and sauted onions. Mix thoroughly and form into approximately 20 small meatballs.
- Brown the meatballs in 1 to 2 Tbsp oil or butter in large frying pan or dutch-oven type pan. You don't have to cook them all the way through, since they will finish cooking in the boiling juices, but they should not be raw.
- Drain fat from pan, if any remains.
- Add the seasoning packet, the beef bouillon cube, and the 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, but being careful not to break the meatballs too much. Serve hot.