Bad Name-the-Original Game
Got this idea from the Order of the Stick message board. Post D&D style description for a non-D&D character. Next person guesses the character and posts another.
Example: CG Fighter 6. Former member of local militia, recruited by clandestine society responsible for monitoring outsiders, both extraplanar and native, and banishing them if necessary.
Answer: J from Men in Black.
1) Male CG tiefling monk with psionic energy powers (what would you call that) and a tendancy to come back from the dead. -Aurora
Err, Yusuke Urameshi?
My turn. Here's an easy one for warm-up:
2) LG human monk interested in popularizing his order seeks the help of his 5 brothers in order to defeat evil brotherhood who dominates the field. -Morrigu 01:16, 5 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Stephen Chow's character from Shaolin Soccer.
3) NG male half-celestial fighter with a low level female human sorceror (specialization in divination spells) as a follower.
All I can think of is Stargate.... Zahnnie 13:55, 6 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Well the answer to 3 is Van and Hitomi from Escaflowne. I'll put up my question shortly. Nybble 23:30, 15 Jun 2005 (EDT)
4) Male drow chasing a human male fighter, a human female cleric, and a dragon in an attempt to obtain the precious item they are delivering. Nybble 23:59, 15 Jun 2005 (EDT)
Is it the guy from Lodoss who's after Neese's cookies? I should watch those. -Aurora 10:31, 16 Jun 2005 (EDT) His name is "The dark elf with the sweet tooth." Now to move Symmetry's to its proper place.
5) Two monks, one of them strength based and the other int based are traveling together with a sorceress, a whip focus fighter/rogue, a cleric with a firearms weapon focus, and a half-orc fighter. Symmetry 21:43, 9 Jun 2005 (EDT) (typo correction Aurora 19:22, 15 Jun 2005 (EDT)... also, you're supposed to answer the previous one before posting a new one, and stargate was not right)Symmetry 20:53, 16 Jun 2005 (EDT)Sorry, thought Zahnnie had gotten it and not posted.
Symmer: You forgot the female construct fighter/sorceress, the young female commoner with a giant artifact construct/weapon, and the annoying pink fluffy thing. Also, Citan's at least part fighter--he likes swords in the second half of the game. Solution: Fei, Citan, Elly, Bart, Billy, and Rico. I'll come up with another one eventually. - Aurora 14:30, 25 Jul 2005 (EDT)
6) Human sorceror with high charisma, unremarkable otherwise. Specialized in enchantment [mind-affecting] spells, high ranks in bluff and profession (writer).
Uhhh... Gilderoy Lockhart. I'll post the next one shortly. - Morrigu 13:19, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
7) Lawful good mobility based fighter with aspirations towards being a Chaveleir. Has a cowardly mount and a weakness for pretty girls.
Hmm, is it Sir Didymus, from Labyrinth? --Rykilde 15:24, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
8) Male human ranger with a specialty in very large knives and an affinity for large reptiles befriends and aids a female human bard. He follows her from the arid wilderness he lived in and protected to the large port city she calls home; wacky hijinks ensue.
Crocodile Dundee. - Aurora 20:04, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
9) CG High-level human artificer with a specialty in transmutation and a fascination with evocation (though less talent with it.) Tricks a group of NE rogue/fighters into procuring powerful spell components for him, who then kill him, temporarily. Comes up with the idea for his greatest device after hitting his head.
Is it... Doctor Brown from Back to the Future?--Rykilde 20:20, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
10) A high-level male human rogue, previously NE but now LG, is blackmailed by a wealthy pair of CE nobles. They force him to steal creations of a long-dead master artificer so that they may use them to take over the world. He also has a fondness for a certain hot beverage.
Eddie 'Hudson Hawk' Hawkins -Morrigu 20:22, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
11) Human barbarian who uses improvised weapons befriends a group of CG abberants and a human bard in opposition against LE organization primarily composed of adolescents and led by a ninja.
Casey ... something. With the ninja turtles. ;) - Aurora 20:53, 1 Aug 2005 (EDT)
12) CG Human artificer with: a fortress, a large number of halfling followers, a twisted sense of humor, and a fondness for sweets.
Willy Wonka. -Morrigu 14:52, 6 Aug 2005 (EDT)
13) CN male human thief cleptomaniac with a male human fighter/thief companion who gets dragged into a political plot involving the rule of the country, several artifacts, and the future of magic.
Snails. That annoying bastard. I hate that movie. - Aurora 22:01, 8 Aug 2005 (EDT)
14) CG male fighter with low int and wis, an artifact sword, and a big appetite.
Gourry from Slayers.